AGU is here for you. Tap into a host of valuable benefits and services to help you get back into the workforce.
How can AGU help you?
Take advantage of these resources for the unemployed:
As an unemployed member of the Earth and space science community, AGU provides several tools and resources that have been developed to help you land a fulfilling position.
The most effective is the Mentoring365 program, eligible to all AGU members.
During this challenging time, it is important that you remain actively engaged with the Earth and space science community, that you build your professional network, and that you continue to expand your professional skillset through continued learning. You are part of a large and vibrant AGU community. Be sure to utilize this community to the greatest benefit.
Self-Guided Unemployment Resources:
• The AGU Career Center Job Board offers an extensive network of jobs and employment opportunities for Earth and space scientists around the globe. Postings are updated daily.
• Consult the AGU Careers webpage to find advice and resources to help with your job search and career planning.
• AGU’s On the Job blog offers advice on ways you advance your career through short posts written by AGU members and career mentors.
• Eos Career Tools & Resources offers advice and tips to help you develop and advance your career.
• AGU Paths through Science highlight the many career options available in the Earth and space sciences.
• Stay current in your science by reading free open access articles in GeoHealth, Earth and Space Science, Earth’s Future, and the Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems. In addition, all AGU articles published from 1997 and after are open access 24 months after online publication.
• Stay up to date with the latest news in Earth and space science with Eos.org, and Eos Buzz alerts. In addition, the print version of Eos Magazine is included with your AGU membership.
Guided Unemployment Resources:
• AGU members can join the AGU Online Job Seekers Group. The group meets each Wednesday from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) using web conferencing technology to provide members with job hunting tips, networking opportunities, and foster a supportive community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to join the job club.
Fall Meeting Unemployment Resources:
• AGU members can receive free guidance from Mentoring365 Live! at Fall Meeting. Mentoring365 Live! mentors offer resume reviews, interview tips, career counseling, advice on transitioning jobs, salary negotiation, and job search strategies. Your Mentoring365 Live! mentor may also make themselves available for personalized phone or email consultations throughout the year.
• Included in your Fall Meeting registration is access to AGU Recruiters Row; a vibrant part of the Exhibit Hall. You can interview with prospective employers, network and gain essential job search skills while visiting Recruiters Row.
• Unemployed AGU members also have access to all of the standard benefits of AGU membership.
You will face many challenges in the job search. Remember to utilize these and other resources to get in touch and stay in touch. And know that the AGU, with a community of more than 60,000 professionals in the Earth and space sciences, is here to support you during your job search.